Adding muscle or gaining weight can be as difficult as losing weight for some folks. It is the biggest myth in India that gaining weight is easier than losing weight. On the other hand, the reality is gaining weight is an extremely tough task. The reason is that the stomach size of a “thin” person is small and suddenly increasing diet is a big challenge.
People can’t easily gain weight because of unhealthy eating habits, skyrocketing stress levels, lack of fitness and genetics or irregular meals. Although it is not, simply adding certain foods to your diet can make you gain weight easily. In gaining weight you need the same amount of hard work and dedication as required during weight loss process.
If you need to gain some flesh on the bones, then you need to follow a strict diet; it means avoiding harmful fat consumption and building up muscle mass. You can also consult a dietician and chart out a non-fatty, healthy high-calorie meal plan.
One of the best ways is to look for some home remedies to gain weight at home. The best part for following home remedies is they can help you gain weight without disrupting your regular life. Listed below are some tips and tricks you may follow to gain weight easily at home:
1. Dietary supplements for gaining weight: You can opt for various dietary supplements like protein powders such as Endura mass, tablets, capsules. It is suggested to take these supplements only after consulting a doctor or nutritionist. It is good to take consultation before taking such products.
2. Food Habits: Eating an unhealthy meal between healthy meals may lead to health hazards. Some basics you should remember are: Chewing food slowly and properly to improve digestion, avoid consumption of caffeinated drinks and alcohol as they hamper the absorption of nutrients in the body. Keep track of your weight and cook your food by your choice by keeping in mind all the benefits that your body needs.
3. Afternoon Nap is as important as Good Night Sleep: Sleeping in the afternoon for at least 45 minutes to an hour is good. It is one of the fastest ways to gain weight without going to the gym. It helps you in relaxing your mind and muscles. This will not only help you gain your weight but also help you to have a sound sleep at night.
4. Lift weights for lean mass: It simply means the amount of weight a human body carries, which is actually not fat. This includes exercises like presses, pull-ups, dips, rows, squats, snatches, and jerks and cleans. All these will help you in multiple muscles while triggering the hormonal response systems. It is the ultimate way to gain weight. Convert all the calories into the lean body mass instead carrying it in the form of extra weight. It will also help you to stimulate your appetite.
5. Eat energy dense-food: It is very important to add some mostly whole, single-ingredient foods in your diet. If gaining weight is your priority then opt for less chewable veggies and fruits. Add vegetables and food such as corn, carrot, potato, beets, bananas, oranges, peaches, watermelon and plums in your diet. Here is some energy-dense food you can add to your diet:
1. Fats and Oils: Avocado Oil and Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2. Dry Fruits: Dates, Raisins, Prunes, and others.
3. Dairy Products: Full-fat yogurt, Cheese, Whole milk, cream.
4. Nuts: Macadamia nuts, walnuts, almonds, peanuts, etc.
5. Grains: Whole grains like brown rice and oats.
6. Tubers: Sweet potatoes, potatoes, and yams.
7. Meat: Beef, pork lamb, chicken, bee, etc.
8. Dark chocolate, granola, avocados, coconut milk, peanut butter, trail mixes.
Gaining weight is may be difficult for some people because the body of everyone has a certain setpoint of weight. Whether you want to gain weight or lose weight, your body resists changes by regulating by your metabolic rate or hunger levels. If you want to gain more calories, then you expect your body to respond by boosting the metabolism and reducing the appetite.
Changing eight is a marathon, not a sprint. It will take time; one has to be consistent to achieve your goal.