Turinabol is an oral anabolic androgenic steroid (AAS). Its scientific name is Chlorodehydromethyltestosterone (CDMT), which is the result of combining methandrostenolone (derived from Testosterone) and Clostebol (4-clorotestosterone). It is believed to be one of the weakest steroids on the market today, with an anabolic: androgenic ratio of 54 to 6.
The fact of the matter is, Turinabol is a milder derivative of Dianabol. Anecdotally, it is believed to have a potency somewhere in between Winstrol and Anavar. The chemists who created it wanted a safer version of Dbol that would not show up as easily in drug tests. Furthermore, the lower androgenic ratio is an indication of fewer side effects.
The Bodybuilding gains you can expect to see from using Tbol are increased strength and an increase of around 5 to 10 pounds of lean muscle mass, with more noticeable vascularity. However, in order to see good results, you will need to take a descent dosage, and stack it with a Testosterone base.
HISTORY OF TURINABOL:
Turinabol was believed to be the product of the East German pharmaceutical company Jenapharm and the idea of chemist Albert Stachowiak. Clinical trials of Tbol began in 1965, where it was used as for medicianal purposes to help bedridden hospital patients gain some lean muscle. Unfortunately, Tbol became the center of the German doping scandal soon afterwards, which caused it to go underground.
GERMANY DOPING PROGRAM:
The East German Government ran a secret athletic doping program from 1968 to 1989, where 10,000 athletes were forced to unknowingly take oral steroids (Turinabol), offered to them as « vitamins » to compensate for lack of nutrition. It wasn’t until the 1990’s, when the Berlin wall was finally destroyed, that this scandal finally came out.
The German doping program was so well planned and successful, that many medals were won, as well as many world records were set. Over 1,500 doctors and scientists were involved in this program, and both male and female athletes were given these substances. Some of these athletes were as young as 10 years old. As a result, over 1,000 of these athletic participants experienced long-term damage, such as permanent masculinization of certain body parts for female athletes, as well as psychological issues.
WHY WAS TURINABOL DISCONTINUED?
The scandal of the East German doping program having come to light caused a lot of negative press of the use of oral Turinabol that Jenapharm decided to discontinue the drug. Since that time, Tbol is only available from the underground black market.
SIDE EFFECTS OF TURINABOL
- Although Tbol is mild, it is not without side effects. There are no estrogen related side effects due to testosterone aromatization, which means you will not get gynecomastia (bitch tits), or suffer from low libido. But there are other esthetic side effects such as acne (and other skin related problems) and male pattern baldness (due to increases in DHT levels).
- Turinabol is toxic to the liver (hepatoxic). Increased liver enzymes to a toxic level can result in Jaundice, hepatitis, and liver tumors. This means you need to supplement the cycle with products that mitigate liver and organ damage every time you run a Tbol cycle (or any oral steroid, for that matter).
- Cardiovascular health can be negatively impacted from the use of Tbol. This is due to the resulting increase in blood cholesterol, and its residual build up within your arterial walls. What you are left with is a heart that must overwork in order to pump blood through now narrower blood vessel openings, leading to potential heart disease and failure.
- Taking Turinabol on its own will be counterproductive, as it will suppress your body’s natural testosterone production. As a result, you will need to “stack” Tbol with a testosterone base. It is also suggested to run Post Cycle Therapy (PCT) such as Nolvadex or Clomid.
Turinabol Vs Anavar
Both Turinabol and Anavar are both considered mild oral steroids. Although anecdotally, both do not cause much water retention (“dry steroid”), the former is better at building muscle size, while the latter is considered a great pre contest steroid (better muscle conditioning and hardening for physique competitions).
HOW MUCH TURINABOL DO YOU NEED TO TAKE?
Anecdotally, because Turinabol is a considered a mild oral steroid, a somewhat moderate dosage is required to provide steady muscle gains with few side effects. Starting off with 20mg per day and building up to 50mg per day seems to be the sweet spot, although going up to 75mg is common (though there are more side effets).
- Kolliari, Alex. “What Is Turinabol?” (2017, November 6).Retrieved April 23,2019, from
- Wikipedia contributors. (2019, March 14).”Chlorodehydromethyltestosterone.” Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfalfa (Accessed 23 April 2019)
- Schumann, W. (1991, September) [The pharmacokinetics of Oral-Turinabol in humans] [Article in German]. 46(9). 650-4. Retrieved April 23,2019, from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1798729