Creatine monohydrate is the one of the world’s only supplement that is proven to build muscle. At a dosage of 3 grams per day, many people experience positive gains in muscle mass and energy. Over the years, since creatine has sold, there have been my thoughts and theories about when is the best time to take creatine. The best time to take creatine is anytime.Creatine is not a stimulant, therefore you can take a dose of creatine whenever you feel like it.Click To Tweet However there are a few rules and things you must know before you go out and buy creatine.
Top 3 Rules when buying creatine monohydrate.
- Only buy creapure brand creatine. Creapure is the only creatine NOT made in China. Chinese creatine is typically very low quality with high amounts of creatinine. Creapure is made in Germany and is typically 99% pure creatine monohydrate.
- Always buy Creapure from a company that is registered with the FDA. All supplement companies must be registered with the FDA.
- Never buy Creapure mixed with other supplements, especially caffeine. Caffeine negates the effects of creatine. You always just want to buy powdered Creapure in a 500 gram or 1,000 gram.
Once you’ve purchased your Creapure brand creatine it is now time to use it. Keep in mind there is no best time to take creatine. It is not a stimulant & therefore you don’t need to take it at any particular time.
Top 4 Rules for using creatine monohydrate
- Combine creatine monohydrate with carbohydrates. Studies have shown that taking creatine monohydrate with carbohydrates will make creatine “work” better. Using high glycemic carbs is the best. However I feel the negatives outweigh the benefits. I personally take my creatine with veggies and fruits.
- Supplement r-ALA with Creapure creatine monohydrate. Here is the brand of r-ALA that I recommend.
- Do not take caffeine and/or preworkouts with caffeine with your creatine monohydrate. Remember that caffeine negates the effects of creatine.
- Use 3 to 5 grams which is about 1/2 teaspoon.
Here is the R-ALA
In conclusion, there is no best time to take creatine. Instead you want to follow my simple rules above that will give you the best brand of creatine, which is creapure, and foods and supplements to combine it with to get the best benefits out of the creatine so that it works to its maximum potential.