More than a decade ago one of the world’s first supplement guru’s, Dan Duchaine, suggested that yohimbe can be used to specifically target lower body fat in women. This theory, created one of the best selling supplements for fat loss. Since then , yohimbe became one of the most effective fat loss supplements on the market. This triggered research to be conducted to see if yohimbe truly does help reduce bodyfat. Here are some studies that looked at how yohimbe can be used for fat loss.
- Berlin, I., et al. “[Lack of efficacy of yohimbine in the treatment of obesity].” Journal de pharmacologie 17.3 (1985): 343-347.
- Galitzky, J., et al. “α2‐Antagonist compounds and lipid mobilization: evidence for a lipid mobilizing effect of oral yohimbine in healthy male volunteers.” European journal of clinical investigation 18.6 (1988): 587-594.
- Galitzky, J., et al. “Role of vascular alpha-2 adrenoceptors in regulating lipid mobilization from human adipose tissue.” Journal of Clinical Investigation 91.5 (1993): 1997.
- Lafontan, Max, et al. “Alpha-2 adrenoceptors in lipolysis: alpha 2 antagonists and lipid-mobilizing strategies.” The American journal of clinical nutrition 55.1 (1992): 219S-227S.
- Lönnqvist, F., et al. “Catecholamine-induced lipolysis in adipose tissue of the elderly.” Journal of Clinical Investigation 85.5 (1990): 1614.
- Ostojic, Sergej M. “Yohimbine: the effects on body composition and exercise performance in soccer players.” Research in Sports Medicine 14.4 (2006): 289-299.
- Sax, L. “Yohimbine does not affect fat distribution in men.” International journal of obesity 15.9 (1991): 561-565.
- Shim, Andrew, et al. “Assessing Various Body Composition Measurements as An Appropriate Tool for Estimating Body Fat in National Collegiate Athletic Association Division I Female Collegiate Athletes.” American Journal of Sports Science and Medicine 2.1 (2014): 1-5.
- Tam, S. William, Manuel Worcel, and Michael Wyllie. “Yohimbine: a clinical review.” Pharmacology & therapeutics 91.3 (2001): 215-243.
- Waluga, Marek, et al. “Cardiovascular effects of ephedrine, caffeine and yohimbine measured by thoracic electrical bioimpedance in obese women.” Clinical Physiology 18.1 (1998): 69-76.
- Zahorska-Markiewicz, B., C. Kucio, and D. Piskorska. “Adrenergic control of lipolysis and metabolic responses in obesity.” Hormone and metabolic research 18.10 (1986): 693-697.
As you can see the research behind yohimbe is pretty solid therefore you can come to the conclusion that yohimbe can aid in fat loss.
How To Stack Yohimbe For Maximum Fat Loss
Rule #1. Never buy a yohimbe supplement without first seeing a 3rd party lab analysis. A study conducted in 2015 showed that MOST yohimbe supplements FAIL label claims. Here is the study
Here is a quote from the study.
All supplement companies must follow the FDA CFR 111’s, even when they use private label contractors to make their products. However I estimated 95% do not. In the CFR 111’s it specifically states that all supplements must be validated by a third party lab analysis because being released into commerce. However as you can see by this study, most supplement companies violate the federal regulations.
#2. Take yohimbe with 200mg of caffeine. We know that studies showing using caffeine with yohimbe can help burn more fat. Being that you can’t trust any supplement company as far as you can throw them, I would go buy this brand of caffeine pills.
#3. Take yohimbe & caffeine pre workout.
#4. Optional Teavigo green tea extract. A high quality supplement manufacturer, DSM, which I should not be confused with a supplement company, manufactures a product called Teavigo. It is a green tea extract that is the highest quality in the world. There are numerous green tea extract on the market. I would guess that 90% of them are cheap Chinese versions. Which means they contain impurities, synthetically made, and more or less could not even contain gree tea tract. DSM however, sells a very high quality green tea extract, called Teavigo and it should be the only one that you buy.
In conclusion, here is the stack
- Yohimbe 12.5 mg twice per day
- caffeine 200mg twice per day
- Teavigo 150mg green tea extract, twice per day
- do not buy substitutes
- ask for a 3rd party lab analysis
- take before working out