Here is a list I have put together of my top choices for the best nootropic supplement ingredients. Pay attention to what I just said, because I did not say supplements. I said ingredients. Remember it is the ingredients that make up the supplement. Once you find the ingredient or ingredients you like, you then have to find the supplement that contains said ingredient and the correct dosage. Take for example Capsimax. The ingredient is Capsimax, which is the brand name for a cayenne pepper extract or capsicum extract, containing 2% capsaicinoids, at the correct dosage of 150 mg. I sell a supplement which has this branded ingredient plus the correct dosage.
Therefore I will be naming my top 9 best nootropic supplement ingredients, not supplements. However, I will make my recommendation on which supplement to buy that contains the ingredient I put on my top 9 list of best nootropic supplements list. Let’s begin
Top 9 Best Nootropic Supplements
- Cognizin. This is a branded citicoline ingredient. Citicoline is a naturally occurring nutrient found in the brain. By supplementing with this ingredient it helps support memory and focus. It has been around for a while and has some good studies that support it.
Here is the citicoline nootropic supplement that I recommend.
2. Alpha Size. This is the branded name for the ingredient Alpha-Glyceryl Phosphoryl Choline (A-GPC). Alpha GPC has been shown to increase acetylcholine levels in the brain. This nutrient has been proven to be one of the most important nutrients to the brain. By supplementing with this ingredient you’ll sharpen your focus and mental alertness. You and find a ton of studies on this product. But you have to be wary of the dose you need to take. This is an expensive ingredient and many supplement companies dust it in. I always recommend buying it as a single ingredient and never in a blend.
[easyazon_image align=”none” height=”160″ identifier=”B06XHCS137″ locale=”US” src=”https://proteinfactory.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/41KFf6qSRkL.SL160.jpg” tag=”bp025-20″ width=”85″]
3. Pycnogenol. This is a pine bark extract that is very powerful. One of its uses is for cognitive function. It has been around for about 40 years, with a ton of studies behind it.
[easyazon_image align=”none” height=”30″ identifier=”B00C3PKYCE” locale=”US” src=”https://proteinfactory.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/51kAVycvZiL.SL30.jpg” tag=”bp025-20″ width=”30″]
4. Synapsa. This is the branded name for the ingredient Bacopa monnieri. This ingredient has been around for almost 30 years, and has been proven to help cognitive function. Synapsa improved performance in areas such as visual processing, learning rate, working memory, information retention and mental performance in cognitively demanding environments versus a placebo regimen.
[easyazon_image align=”none” height=”110″ identifier=”B01IPZUSUS” locale=”US” src=”https://proteinfactory.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/512KrCUtLlL.SL110.jpg” tag=”bp025-20″ width=”101″]
5. Cera-Q is a silk cocoon protein hydrolysate that is an excellent ingredient to support cognitive function. It is one of my favorite nootropic supplements. It is fairly new to the scence but is backed by some great research studies. The product also comes from South Korea. Patented Cera-Q ingredient, which has been demonstrated in published human clinical trials to help improve memory, learning and overall cognitive performance.
[easyazon_image align=”none” height=”271″ identifier=”B01M8L5GVR” locale=”US” src=”https://proteinfactory.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/41v8uKDyYWL.jpg” tag=”bp025-20″ width=”500″]
6. BioPQQQ This is the brand name for the ingredient that is not really a vitamin but could be, but you could call it coenzyme. It was discovered almost 40 years ago, but numerous studies support its use as one of the best nootropic supplements out there.
Here is the supplement that I recommend that contains BioPQQQ.
[easyazon_image align=”none” height=”160″ identifier=”B007HWL5A8″ locale=”US” src=”https://proteinfactory.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/41NyCg6RBGL.SL160.jpg” tag=”bp025-20″ width=”118″]
7. Veri-Te. This is a brand name for resveratrol. Resveratrol can be used as a nootropic supplement and it has man other benefits as well. It is an excellent ingredient. Veri- Te is a unique and patented fermentation process resulting in a product with over 98% purity and of uncompromised quality. Greater than 98% pure resveratrol powder produced by a natural yeast fermentation process. However, resveratrol is a very popular ingredient used in supplements which makes it an easy target for low-quality resveratrol ingredients to be used. Most of the time that is the case with these supplements. Therefore if you want the best nootropic supplement that uses resveratrol you want to look for one that uses Veri-Te. I could not find a supplement that uses Veri-te, so at this point, I do not have a recommendation for using resveratrol as a nootropic supplement.
8. ThinkBlue. This is the brand name for an ingredient that is a blueberry extract. ThinkBlue™ is a new enhanced extract of wild blueberry that is associated with episodic memory improvement. Episodic memory is the recollection of personal experiences and specific events – including location, time, and emotions. The association of blueberry with episodic memory is based on a study conducted on healthy people aged 65-80 at a daily dose of 111mg, compared with a placebo. I could not find a supplement containing this ingredient, but be on the look out for this in the future. Keep in mind there are OTHER supplements that contain blueberry extract, but I would not buy them as most likely they come from China, and are tainted with toxins and synthetic ingredients.
9. Curcuminoids. This is a product from Sabinsa, the company that I feel has the highest quality curcuminoids in the world. Here is the supplement that I recommend that uses Sabinsa’s curcuminoids.
AFI Supplements Curcuminoids.
In conclusion, the nootropic supplement category is oversaturated. There are literally hundreds upon hundreds of nootropic supplements to buy. Most that I saw for sale on Amazon.com contain many of the ingredients I listed above but underdosed, and the generic versions, not the patented branded versions. This is where you have to be extremely careful. Never settle for generic ingredients, especially when it comes to dietary supplements and if you are looking to get the best nootropic supplements money can buy. Secondly, you want to buy single ingredients as supplements, never multiple. When you buy nootropic supplements that contain multiple ingredients you risk, them being underdosed. You’ll notice the recommendations that I have given above, each one is a single ingredient supplement.
I would start by using only one or two of the best nootropic supplement products above. If you use more than that you’ll never know if one is working or not.
Alex Rogers is a supplement manufacturing expert. He has been formulating, consulting, & manufacturing dietary supplements since 1998. Alex invented protein customization in 1998 & was the first company to allow consumers to create their own protein blends. He helped create the first supplement to contain natural follistatin, invented whey protein with egg lecithin, & recently imported the world’s first 100% hydrolyzed whey.