Pre-Workout supplements are a multi-billion dollar business. In fact about 2900 people a month Google, “c4 pre workout side effects”. That means a lot of people are using this krap and getting side effects. It seems most people are using pre-workout supplements to boost their workouts in hopes of lifting more weight, performing better, and at the end..more muscle and less fat. However, most people seem to forget the BASICS of pre-workout nutrition and supplementation. Most people have been lead to believe that they must have that jittery, wired, feeling that they get from caffeine in order to perform better in the gym and make gains. People feel that need that “drug” like effect to perform the best. Unfortunately, this is the wrong train of thought when deciding what pre workout supplements you should be using and how they should be making you feel.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Let me give you 4 powerful pre-workout hacks & that you SHOULD be using to increase your muscle” quote=”Let me give you 4 powerful pre-workout hacks & supplements that you SHOULD be using to increase your muscle and lose more fat.”] Don’t panic when I tell you that the supplements that most people are recommending are not here! No you’re not going to get any c4 pre workout side effects from the list I’m going to give you. It’s OK because when you start using the supplements that I recommend you’re going to be pleasantly surprised.
- Carbohydrates. It never ceases to amaze me how most people forget this simple little fact. Carbohydrates are the source of fuel for the body.
This is an excerpt from Endurance Sports Nutrition, Third Edition by Suzanne Girard Eberle.
- Provides a highly efficient source of fuel—Because the body requires less oxygen to burn carbohydrate as compared to protein or fat, carbohydrate is considered the body’s most efficient fuel source. Carbohydrate is increasingly vital during high-intensity exercise when the body cannot process enough oxygen to meet its needs.
- Keeps the brain and nervous system functioning—When blood glucose runs low, you become irritable, disoriented, and lethargic, and you may be incapable of concentrating or performing even simple tasks.
- Aids the metabolism of fat—To burn fat effectively, your body must break down a certain amount of carbohydrate. Because carbohydrate stores are limited compared to the body’s fat reserves, consuming a diet inadequate in carbohydrate essentially limits fat metabolism.
- Preserves lean protein (muscle) mass—Consuming adequate carbohydrate spares the body from using protein (from muscles, internal organs, or one’s diet) as an energy source. Dietary protein is much better utilized to build, maintain, and repair body tissues, as well as to synthesize hormones, enzymes, and neurotransmitters.
As you can see carbohydrates are THE most important pre-workout hack you can use. Therefore consume carbs pre workout. Blend up veggies like kale, spinach, beets, and carrots. Combine with protein like Peptopro or whey isolate.
If you can’t blend up veggies or eat your carbs, I recommend using powdered carbs. You want NATURAL carbs, not carbs like maltodextrin, dextrose, and highly processed corn powders like these. The worst thing you can drink is Gatorade. These highly processed non-nutritive carbs will nothing more than help you maintain fat and increase fat stores. I cringe when I see people drinking smoothies served up by the smoothie bar at my gym when I know they contain loads of cheap carbs like maltodextrin. Instead, I walk down to the juice place and get myself a freshly pressed juice of kale, spinach, beets, and ginger.
You can also buy healthy natural carbs like my Oatmuscle
Oatmuscle is a great carb that provides a ton of nutrients to help you increase muscle and lose fat..
2. Natural Nitrates.
We now know that natural nitrates that you can get in veggies are a powerful pre-workout substance. Many people are now using it for pre-workout supplementation or nutrition. Recently the USC basketball team actually started using it as well.
Quoting an article in the Los Angeles Times, “Andrew Coggan and Linda Peterson, assistant professors at the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, found that beetroot juice increases maximum muscle power by about 6%.
For a basketball player, Coggan said, that means a higher vertical leap. It could represent “the difference between making the podium at the Olympics and not making the podium at the Olympics,” he added.”
I predict in the very near future you are going to see professional teams in the NFL, MLB, and NHL start using natural nitrates.
Using something like Tectanic Red will give you a guaranteed nitrate supplement. It is the ONLY one of a kind in the world to give you this guarantee.
3. The amino acids L-citrulline and L-arginine COMBINED. Use this to also increase nitrate levels in the body. Check out the study conducted.
You must use these combined because it is the ONLY one with a patent. If you buy anything else, you’ll be ripping yourself off. A company that patented this combo is called Kyowa Hakko Bio Co. Ltd. You want to use this brand.
4. Capsimax. Let’s get into fat burning now. Everyone wants to burn more fat when they workout. I see countless people on the treadmills, stair climbers, and steppers trying to BURN more calories. Well, wouldn’t it be nice if there was a supplement that could help you burn MORE calories so that the work you put in is more effective? Well, there is such a supplement. It is called Capsimax.
As you can see from this graph, more fat is burned
Here is the study
In conclusion, effective pre-workout supplementation is much more than getting a “high” from caffeine or other stimulants and experiencing c4 pre workout side effects. These 4 very powerful pre-workout hacks that I gave you can really accelerate your physique gains whether it is muscle gaining or fat loss or even both for that matter. These are true science-based solutions that are proven to be ergogenic. Happy working out!
c4 pre workout side effects include
- shortness of breath
- heart palpitations
- do not take with other forms of caffeine
- stop taking 2 weeks prior to surgery.
- dont take with other medications such as aspirin.
Alex Rogers is a supplement manufacturing expert. He has been formulating, consulting, & manufacturing dietary supplements since 1998. Alex invented protein customization in 1998 & was the first company to allow consumers to create their own protein blends. He helped create the first supplement to contain natural follistatin, invented whey protein with egg lecithin, & recently imported the world’s first 100% hydrolyzed whey.