If you want to gain muscle you need calories and protein.Good calories and good protein equal lean gains. Bad calories and bad protein equal little gains and more fat gains.Click To Tweet You want good quality food essentially. I have put together a quick recipe that I use all the time. I use it all the time because I am an ectomorph (skinny frame), and I need calories and protein all the time in order to maintain my body weight of 190lbs at 6 foot tall. I’m a lean, mean fighting machine. I can see my abs (got like a 4 pack), and I’m 42 years old. I eat a lot. Here is my Massive, Muscle, Simply Protein Sandwich.
First is the bread. I recommend making your own protein. You can buy P28 high protein bread, but it tastes like rubber, has sugar, soy, guar gum (proven to increase gas and abdominal discomfort) and uses wheat protein.
Here’s my recipe.
2 cups warm water
2 Tbs. Truvia. [easyazon_link identifier=”B0094HB8V0″ locale=”US” tag=”bp025-20″]Truvia Baking Blend Natural Sweetener 24 OZ(Pack Of 2)[/easyazon_link]
1 Tbs. dry active yeast 1[easyazon_link identifier=”B004ZY31FS” locale=”US” tag=”bp025-20″]Red Star Active Dry Yeast 4 oz[/easyazon_link]
1 tsp. salt
5 cups unbleached bread flour [easyazon_link identifier=”B00374VKM8″ locale=”US” tag=”bp025-20″]King Arthur Flour 100% Organic Unbleached Bread Flour , 2 Pound (Pack of 12)[/easyazon_link]
1 cup Glambia Optisol 3400, (use my NZ 7000 as substitute) [easyazon_link identifier=”B00LV0B2P0″ locale=”US” tag=”bp025-20″]100% New Zealand 7000 Whey Protein – 5 LBS[/easyazon_link]
3 Tbs. grass fed butter, softened
Next is the inside of the sandwich.
High protein spread.
Spinkles whey crunchies on the spread.
[easyazon_link identifier=”B00A34XAI2″ locale=”US” tag=”bp025-20″]Bodycrunch Whey Protein Crunchies Natural Unsweetened Flavor, 7.62 Ounce[/easyazon_link]
[easyazon_link identifier=”B00BFJ8XTA” locale=”US” tag=”bp025-20″]Rigoni Di Asiago Fiordifrutta Organic Fruit Spread, Strawberry, 8.82 Ounce, (Pack of 6)[/easyazon_link]
Here is the video of me making the bread.
2 cups warm water
2 Tbs. Truvia
1 Tbs. dry active yeast
1 tsp. salt
5 cups unbleached bread flour
1 cup Glambia Optisol 3400
3 Tbs. butter, softened
1. In a bowl, mix together the warm water and sugar. Mix until dissolved. Add yeast, mix again until dissolved. Let sit for 10 min.
2. In a stand mixer add flour, salt & protein powder. Mix well.
3. Pour in water, sugar and yeast.
4. Mix on medium speed for 5 min.
5. If mixture sticks to the sides, add a little flour, if the mixture is a little dry add a little water. Bread dough should not stick to the sides of the bowl.
6. Spray large bowl with non stick cooking. Put bread dough in bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Let sit & rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
7. Take bread dough out of bowl, put on clean floured surface. Knead the dough for 2 min.
8. Spray bread pan with non stick cooking spray.
9. Put bread dough in bread pan. Cover loosely with plastic wrap.
10. Let rise for 30 minutes or until bread has doubled in size.
11. Cook bread in preheated 350 degree oven for 35 min.
12. Let bread cool before slicing.
Alex Rogers is a supplement manufacturing expert. He has been formulating, consulting, & manufacturing dietary supplements since 1998. Alex invented protein customization in 1998 & was the first company to allow consumers to create their own protein blends. He helped create the first supplement to contain natural follistatin, invented whey protein with egg lecithin, & recently imported the world’s first 100% hydrolyzed whey.